Thursday, September 21, 2017

Always Cute / Missy Whidden

Hey, friends!  Missy here, and I have a new layout to share with you.  I recently found this gorgeous patterned paper with all these butterflies on it at Michael's.  I bought two sheets of it because I knew I could fussy cut them and create something pretty.  I used the colors in the butterflies to make my color palette for the background.  I used a lot of Shimmerz products on this!  They matched perfectly, and I just love how this turned out.  My background paper is an old Fancy Pants Hopscotch paper from 2012!  Yay for using up older stash!

I started out with a big die cut butterfly from my stash.  I tried using it as mask, meaning I laid it down and applied the paint over it. It didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped, so I just wound up creating a messy and abstract background.  I used the packaging technique as well as splattering with my brush.


The colors of these Shimmerz just knocks my socks off!  This gorgeous purple is new Inklingz called Plum Crazy.  The pinks here are a combination of Vibez Sweetheart and another new Inklingz called Hot Stuff.  I splattered some Vibez Sunset Strip and some Inklingz Miner Miner 49er as well.  I didn't need too many embellishments for this...I just added some tangled thread and some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.


Here you can the shimmery gold.  The Shimmerz Paints layer very well together, and it's fun to mix and match different ones.  I did add some tissue paper and foam under my photos to give them some dimension.


To jazz up the background even more, I traced a circle in pencil and then machine stitched over it several times using metallic gold thread.  I love these butterflies...so beautiful!  The green here is Creameez Lettuce Get Together, and the blue is Vibez Jeni B Bleu.


I have been hoarding these shiny gold Thickers.  This layout was perfect for them.  The gold on the butterflies and these gold words bring it all together.  I added my journaling underneath the title.


Here's the top of the page.  Aren't these photos too cute?  My daughter is silly hot mess, but she sure is adorable :)


Here's one more close-up.  I love this green!  Looks so pretty up against the pinks.


I had a blast making this!  I can't get enough of Shimmerz...they are so fun to create with and the results are always awesome.  Check out the store and you'll be blown away by all the colors!  I have a process video here for you...be sure to watch it to see how I created this page.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


Supplies: 
Vibez--Sweetheart, Mango Tango, Sunset Strip, Jeni B Bleu
Inklingz--Plum Crazy, Hot Stuff, Miner Miner 49er
Creameez--Ride the Tide, Lettuce Get Together
Shimmerz--Winter's Mist


No comments: