Sunday, January 22, 2017

Loveliness Layout | Katty Miranda

Hello friends! Katty here, Today I created a fun floral watercolor background for my layout.

 I began with an old Teresa Collins stamp set. I chose a simple flower and continuously stamped the image using Versa Mark Ink. I focused my stamping on two opposite corners of my white 12x12 sheet of paper. I then heat embossed using white embossing powder.

I colored the centers of the flowers using Aqua Huez Pot-O-Gold and used a watercolor brush to color the flowers using a mix of beautiful colors including Creameez in My Clementine, Great Fruit and Trippin in the Tropics. I used the original Shimmerz Paints in Magenta and Jilted Jade for the leaves and Inklingz in Precious Posey and Bahama Mama. No coloring inside the lines here, I just colored over the grouping of flowers.

I love the mix of the shimmery and non shimmery paints. I added a few splatters with some of the colors as I painted. Lastly, I added some shading with Aqua Huez Gray Matter where the mix of colors met the white cardstock.

I am using a photo of my adorable niece. I printed it in black and white. I added a few florals which I cut out on my Silhouette Cameo. I decided to leave them white. I love the simple texture they added. I embellished using lovely die cuts from the Cocoa Vanilla Love Always collection. My tittle is a silver glitter foam word from the Pinkfresh Studio Felicity Collection.
I love how this turned out! 
There is a video on my YouTube channel if you'd like to watch my process. 

Products used:
Aqua Huez: Pot-o-Gold, Gray Matter
Creameez: My Clementine, Great Fruit, Trippin in the Tropics
Inklingz: Precious Posey, Bahama Mama
Shimmerz: Magenta, Jilted Jade


Remember, if you make any purchases from the Shimmerz Shop be sure to mention my name and you'll receive a FREE product! 

XOXO





2 comments:

Dottie said...

Beautiful soft colors on a fab project. Love it

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Dottie! :)